* Also named as Commiphora myrrha
* The plant is originally from Somalia
* The extraction method of this oil is steam distilled from gum/resin
Today Myrrh oil is valued around the world, but anciently it was popular in the Middle East and Mediterranean. In fact, Myrrh’s name comes from the Arabic word murr, meaning bitter, because of its sharp taste. The oil is now recognized for its beautifying properties and grounding aroma, and Myrrh essential oil is common in cosmetic and aromatic industries.
Myrrh oil comes from the steam distillation of the red-brown resin of trees in the genus Commiphora. Because of its earthy, sweet aroma and luxurious properties, Myrrh oil uses include skin care and aromatic applications. Its calming, complex aroma brings a deeper sense of spirituality to practices such as yoga and meditation, and its moisturizing and cleansing properties have made it popular in high-end skin care and beauty products.
[ Tips from Skin18 ]
* apply 2-4 drops on location
* apply on chakras and/or Vita Flex points
* inhale directly
Fragrant Influence: Promotes spiritual awarencess and is uplifting. It contains sesquiterpenes, which stimulate the limbic system of the brain (the center of memory and emotions) and the hypothalamus, pineal, and pituitary glands. The hypothalamus is the master gland of the human body, producing many vital hormones, including thyroid and growth hormone.
* Use in your skin care products to experience its rich fragrance and moisturizing properties.
* Include a few drops in a steamy bath to enjoy its relaxing aroma.
* Diffuse throughout your home for unique and calming aroma.
* Add a few drops to your shampoo or scalp treatment to enjoy the oil’s moisturizing benefits.
[ How to use ]
Topical: Apply 2-4 drops of product directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
[ Size ] 15 ml (0.5 oz) ~ 300 drops of essential oil [ Ingredients ]
* Commiphora myrrha† (Myrrh) oil
* †100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
* Lindestrene (7-16%)
* Curzerene (9-32%)
* Furanoendesma-1,3-diene (25-50%)
* 2-Methoxy Furanogermacrene (1-10%)
* Beta-Elemene (1-9%)
ORAC: 379,800 µTE/100g
About Young Living: Click here to learn more about the high quality essential oil!